ITP Wins Dane County Small Business Award
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
For 37 years, the Dane County Small Business Awards have put the spotlight on small businesses and the contributions they make to the local economy. Information Technology Professionals has been named a 2019 award winner.
The award is given based on a company’s:
- Community involvement (volunteering, donations, and in-kind activities)
- Milestones, accomplishments, awards, and other honors
- Growth in revenues, profits, and employees
- Employee benefits
“We’re honored to receive this award. It validates our support of our local community as well as our success in helping clients feel connected to their technology,” says Paul Hager, ITP CEO and owner. “ITP is proud to be the sort of company that cares about its customers, its employees, and its community.”
The awards presentation ceremony is Tuesday, July 16 at 4 PM at the Overture Center for the Arts.
We’re “Growing” Places
ITP was founded in 2003 in Milwaukee and started by serving primarily law firms. In 2008, Paul purchased the company, though the four original founders remain active employees at the company more than ten years later.
Now in its 16th year, ITP has expanded from 2 employees to 47 employees. Additionally, the company has sustained 22% employee growth during the past five years. For the last four years, we’ve been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list – and we’re optimistic about a fifth ranking in 2019.
Benefits that Go Above and Beyond
Part of the reason why we’re able to keep growing is because we treat our employees like family. ITP is a place where people like coming to work every day. Some of the perks of working at ITP are:
- A Parental Leave Plan that lets employees take off up to 12 weeks for the birth or adoption of a child
- Having the full cost of vendor technical training and certifications covered
- Employee-Led Charitable Giving that allocates money for employees to give to community organizations they are passionate about
And let’s not forget the perk of covered parking in downtown Madison!
At ITP, we pride ourselves on contributing to the community in several ways. We love helping several Wisconsin-based non-profit organizations with their IT needs. ITP provides them with managed IT services at a reduced, non-profit rate as well as occasional gratis project management support. We also volunteer frequently with these organizations, giving both time and funding to their causes. Some of our community partners include:
- Special Olympics of Wisconsin in Dane County
- Dane County School Consortium
In addition, Paul donates his time to speak at a variety of industry and educational events around Wisconsin.
An Award-Winning IT Company
We’re excited to add the Dane County Small Business Award to our expanding collection of accolades that include:
- InBusiness Magazine Executive of the Year Award to Paul Hagar (2019)
- Listed in the Inc 5000 (2014-2018)
- Microsoft Rising Star Award (2016) – Acknowledges outstanding successes and innovations by Microsoft partners. It recognizes partners who use Microsoft technologies to provide remarkable solutions to customer needs.
- Nutanix MVP of the Year Award (2018) – Recognizes ITP as a leading Nutanix partner in Wisconsin. It spotlights us as a team that effectively uses and supports the Nutanix system for our clients.
Thank you to all of our customers, partners, and team members for making ITP the success we are today. We hope you’ll help us celebrate at the awards presentation ceremony in July! Get your tickets here.